I’ve been using a version of LaTeX (MikTeX) for a couple of years
- and it’s not bad. But when I heard about Yihui Xie’s R package
- I jumped at the opportunity to try it. Dr. Xie is the author of knitr
- a package that makes it easy to create well documented R programs where the code and the output are gracefully merged. He created this new package
- because he felt that the current versions of LaTex had complex installation processes and forced you to choose between a minimal installation that couldn’t do anything useful and a full installation that was bloated with features you’d never use. I can’t say too much about the package yet except that he is right in that it is very easy to install. If I find out more
- I’ll let you know.
Yihui Xie. TinyTeX: A lightweight
- and easy-to-maintain LaTeX distribution based on TeX Live. Available at https://yihui.name/tinytex/.